Tuesday 26 August 2014

Someone Like You Book Blitx


Synopsis:

You can't program love…or can you?

Kayleigh Renshaw has come up with the idea for a brilliant "compatibility app," a new kind of matchmaking software. All she needs is a programmer to help her bring the idea to market…and she knows exactly who she wants. But Niall Walsh—a code whiz and her former best friend—has been avoiding her since he returned from Afghanistan. In spite of their history, and some sparks that go beyond friendship, he's proving reluctant…. Is it her, or is something darker holding him back?

*Wholesome Romance, New York City , Internet Dating , Clean Romance , War Veteran , Wounded Hero

Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22708832-someone-like-you?from_search=true


My Review:

The first thing I want to say is that I liked this book, but I don’t think the title suits the book. Although I liked the plot of Someone Like You, I think the characters were the best part of this book.
I loved the characters, not just the main characters, Kayleigh and Niall (I love that name), but all of them. Well, maybe not ALL of them. You’ll soon find out which ones are the ones to dislike.
Kayleigh was sweet and self-sacrificing so I was really pleased when she stood up for herself. Niall was truly the strong, silent type and I loved the way he came out of himself during the course of the book. He was also very hot. The residents of the assisted-living centre were priceless. In some ways, they were the heart and the soul of this book as well as being the light relief. I also loved the part of the story involving Niall and Josh, Kayleigh’s nephew.
I wasn’t sure how Someone Like You would end, but I did like the way the book ended. However, I did think the final stage of the story was a bit rushed or maybe the build-up was too long. I would have liked it to be longer.
I gave Someone Like You 4 stars.

Excerpt: FRIEND TO LOVE

Strong hands slid into hers, and Kayleigh shivered with pleasure. “I wondered where
you went.”
She forced herself to meet his kind eyes. “I’m sorry about that, Niall. Sorry for what I
said. Sorry for lots of things. You’ve always been such a good friend to me, and I treated
you badly.”
“A friend?” His eyes searched hers, and she felt her heart open up to him like a flower
touched by dawn. He wanted more than friendship. She couldn’t predict how this would
go, but after years of knowing each other, they had a good start.
“No. Not just as a friend,” she admitted, and felt herself melt at the passionate flare in
his eyes. She angled her head and leaned closer, aching for his kiss.
“We have to get out of here,” he said suddenly and stood, pulling her with him.
“Huh? Why?” His words broke through her romantic fog, and she flushed,
embarrassed. Had she misread the situation? Either way, she wouldn’t regret it. But
another look into his soulful eyes reassured her. She was right about him. She knew it
down deep.
“Because I can’t kiss you here.” His eyes slid to Gianna’s open door then back to her,
and heat raced up her neck and flooded her cheeks.
“Oh.”
He lifted her fingers to his lips, then pulled her out the door.




No comments:

Post a Comment