Sunday 3 August 2014

All About Me & This Page

By the Book Editing



https://www.facebook.com/pages/By-the-Book-Editing/433109063492755?ref_type=bookmark
  • Do you need an editor who knows what she's doing?
  • Do you groan every time a reviewer complains about the number of editing mistakes that they have found in your book?
  • Have those reviewers deducted stars because of it?
  • Have you written your first novel and do you need someone to ensure that you publish your best work?

        If you answered yes to any of these questions, then I can help you.    
        

Experience


My name is Karen Harper and I have been an avid reader for most of my life. I have also been a teacher for 30+ years, teaching writing skills (spelling, punctuation, grammar). as well as the writing process. I have combined these 2 things that I am passionate about to become an editor.


My rates are very competitive and you can contact me at karen12@live.com.au to get a quote.


Testimonials

"I highly recommend By the Book Editing! Karen Harper is a master of the English language. Not only did she fix my grammar mistakes, she also gave me great advice on word choice and phrasing. I had so man "aha" moments looking over her corrections and suggestions. Thanks to Karen, I feel my book has achieved what I wanted, by being the best that it could possibly be. I can't say enough good things. Not only would I use her again - I would like to sing her praises from the tops of a huge mountain. That's how good she is."
~ MK Harkings Author of The Intentional Series



"As an editor, I loathe passing my work off to just anyone, but as an author, I know that I must. By the Book Editing was the answer to my dilemma. Karen Harper's one of the few people I know who is as staunch a grammar and spelling nut as I. Just having her eyes on my project gave me great relief. I knew she's find my errors, and I was right. Simply put, she saved me from looking like a fool! I highly recommend her."
~ Nancy S.Thompson, author of The Mistaken & Leverage



"I have nothing but good things to say about By the Book Editing services. I was in what you would call, the mother of all binds. short on time and freaking the Hell out, this lovely woman basically saved my ass. She has a keen eye for grammar and structure and help me to make my final draft better than I thought it could be."
~ J. B. Harnett, author of Inky, Cole & Nico






For as long as I can remember, I have read and loved books.

George R. R. Martin’s quote is true. Books have allowed me to live different lives and become different people.  I have been blogging for over a year – writing reviews and hosting book tours and promotions. Earlier this year, I decided to start my own personal blog page called A Thousand Lives.

My favourite genres are contemporary romance, erotic romance, romantic thrillers, paranormal and fantasy, but there isn't much that I won't read. Authors you can contact me at karen12@live.com.au.

No comments:

Post a Comment